How to remain Happy: Some solutions to stress in 21st century
March 20 is globally marked as the “Day of Happiness”. The day to which all the people, almost 90 per cent of world acknowledge it as the day of pleasures and jubilation. And the remaining 10 per cent are waiting for the enlightenment around happy people.
Apart from these termly sensations, Islam has taught thousands lessons subjecting to the indication of Holy Quran and shown hundreds of thousands of paths where we can persue our happiness before and after death with strong belief.
The key to uncover the mystery of happiness has already been bequeathed with benediction to not only Muslims but the entire world. This systematic approach meets infinite words of applause to draw the personality of human beings within happiness but is contrary to, the ever convenient way of accomplishments.
If you want to be included among the happy persons at all certain conditions, let me help you in exploring your destination…
First we have to assume ourselves like the contestants of team “Happiness” and have the war against our opponent team “Sadness”, the hypothetical defeat to our conscious and sub-conscious minds.
Read more: Depression and its effects on students
Being Muslims and human beings, if we follow the lifestyle of our last prophet Hazrat Muhammad ( PBUH), I am sure, we would require no explanation from any books or search engines like internet for guidance over being happy and living prosperous. We must copy the habits of Muhammad ( PBUH) like i.e we should sustain a solemn and philanthropic character. Maintaining a peaceful and respectful circumstances within boundary of home and outside of society should be the first foremost priority. Abiding parents, bowing elders and speaking fondly with younger brothers and sisters will deliberately make home heaven full of happiness. Besides, we need to speak always truth, never irritate, abuse or use scornful words that tarnish status, self respect and break someone’s heart. We should also raise voice against violence occurring in different regions of the world. We should assent that wrong is wrong even if it is we, committing that…And right must not be converted forcibly to wrong with our power, hand and tongue. Similarly, we have a pervasive fight against poverty, injustice and pauperism.
Furthermore, we should always be grateful for anything Allah bestows and never give up on hard times which too pass like days distinctly. This is how we reckon, there are lurch modes, fluctuating situations, rise and fall.
More, we should avoid uttering bad words about food that comes in front of us and too avoid inappropriate, immoral conducts.
This what all have been practically formulated by Hazrat Muhammad ( PBUH).
This is overall the open secret through which we can seek everlasting happiness in our lives. Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) is God gifted to Muslims but unfortunately we have forgotten the teachings and methodologies of him and searching peace in this fake globe. The same teachings are now being adopted by non-Muslims. Their success is however not hidden.
About Author: Asif Murad is a Karachi based columnist. He writes on socio-political issues and a major area of human rights and ethics.